Change my password
CSE accounts & UMN-ID
CSE Labs accounts and most of the other units under CSE-IT are using University Internet ID's. If you want to change your password, you will need to use U of M Internet Account Options web page.
To change your UNIX password, connect to a machine running Linux, type “yppasswd” at the command prompt, and follow the interactive instructions. Please note that your UNIX password must be 6 to 8 characters in length.
- Make sure you choose a secure password. You will need two separate passwords, one for your UNIX account and one for your Windows account.
- Fill out the form - be sure to pick a secure password
To change just your Windows password, log into a machine running Windows. Windows passwords must be at least 8 characters long.
- To change just your Windows password, log into a machine running Windows.
- Navigate to Start -> Windows Security (on the right side of the menu).
- Note: You can also get to this menu by hitting ctrl+alt+del
- Select the 'Change a password...' option
- Fill out the form - be sure to pick a secure password - and hit enter