Print from Windows (Computer Science & Engineering Configuration)
The following instructions describe how to add a printer to your Windows account.
Computer Science & Engineering Configuration
From the Start screen:
\\winprint.cs.umn.edu\and press Enter.
- Proceed with Step 4 from instructions for Windows 7/Windows XP that are described below.
Windows 7 and Windows XP
- Go to Start
- Click on "Run..."
- Enter \\winprint and click OK
- A list of printers will appear.
- Double click on the printer that you will like to add.
- When the printer is done installing, the queue for that printer will be displayed.
If you have any questions or are having any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This will work on the grad machines and also on a personal laptop connected to the cs network. However, if you are running Windows XP on your personal laptop, you will need to be sure your username on your laptop is the same as your Computer Science & Engineering account username, otherwise you will encounter authentication problems when you try to print.
- If the computer you are using is not part of the Computer Science & Engineering domain, you may be prompted to enter a username and password. If this occurs, be sure to use "ad\username" and your Computer Science & Engineering windows password. The "ad\" must be prepended to your Computer Science & Engineering username, otherwise you will not be able to authenticate.
- Printing from Cowbell.cs does not work in the standard way. You must redirect the output back to the host when initiating rdesktop:rdesktop -r printer:<printer_name> cowbell